Lagos Boy Cracks Stepfather’s Skull With Pestle, Victim Dies

A 17-year-old boy, identified only as Junior, has allegedly killed his stepfather, Adebowale Okuwobi, with a pestle in Ekoro community in the Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that 42-year-old Okuwobi, a commercial driver, was asleep when Junior allegedly attacked him with a pestle on Monday, July 5, 2021.

The victim, whose skull fractured from the attack, was taken to different hospitals before he died.

Our correspondent learnt that Junior’s mother, who married Okuwobi 12 years ago, entered the union with three children from her previous marriage.

Junior was said to be the youngest of the children.

Okuwobi’’s elder brother, Sunday Adenuga, said the suspect and his mother fled after seeing the victim’s critical condition.

He noted that doctors told the family that the attack fractured Okuwobi’s skull, adding that he was taken to 10 different hospitals before he gave up the ghost.

He said,

“My brother and his wife lived together for 12 years without any misunderstanding. The family just received a call that he was asleep when his stepson took a pestle and attacked him while he was asleep. The boy is known to be a chain smoker on the street.

“The wife and her son have run away. They knew he would eventually die when they saw his critical condition. Our mother was the one carrying him around hospitals. We were planning to take him to Ijebu before he died today (Saturday). We will bury him at his uncompleted building in Sango Ota.”

A neighbour of the victim, Bolorunduro Odeniyi, told PUNCH Metro that the deceased’s 72-year-old mother fainted twice after his death was announced.

Odeniyi added that Okuwobi remarried after his first wife left him after they had three children together.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said only the attack was reported to the police.

He said, “The attack was reported, but not his death. When it was reported, the mother and son had absconded before the police got to the place. That was the last time we heard from them. The CP has directed that the matter be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for proper investigation.”


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.